- news after 10/26/14
- the dem. candidates are not including obama's record in their campaigns. is this a smart move politically?
- pharmacy companies have completed most testing on humans for Ebola. they will begin wide use in Africa in January. was this entire episode overblown by the U.S. media?
- N. Korea has released 1 prisoner from jail for "compassionate" purposes. does this signify change of heart in N. Korea?
- shooting in Ottawa Canada. does this indicate an incident by Isis?
- do age ghettos (i.e. senior residences) rob society of interaction with the rest of the public?
- some medical doctors are paid by pharmacy companies for "research") or prescribing their products to patients. is this ethical or should it be disclosed when prescribed to patients
- Wyoming overrules same-sex marriage prohibition making 30 states who have declared it unlawful to do so. is this the end of the issue for Americans?
- d. trump says he may run for president in 2016. do you think so?
- should paid parental leave be required by large companies as a gov't requirement just as minimum wages are here?
- Ben Bradlee of the Washington Post died this week. he was the Washington Post editor when "all the presidents men" was published. any comments on his bravery?
- an opera about the the death of klinghofer in the '80's by p.l.o. terrorists is opening at the met in n.y. many object. is this opera freedom of speech by the met or in poor taste because it makes the terror group neither hero or villain?
- nancy synderman, the n.b.c. medical advisor has been severely criticized for breaking her quarantine after being exposed to the ebola virus. should she be fired?
Note: to help us make more informed decisions when voting for judicial candidates, retired Judge Shelvin Singer suggests we refer to recommendations made by the Illinois State Bar Association. Open this link and click on Cook or Lake County for ISBA evaluations.
Early Voting began on Monday, October 20.